Thursday, May 5, 2011

Eportfolio self-assessment

Kimberly Rittenhouse
Professor Woodring
English  051
May 3, 2011
Eportfolio Self-Assessment
            English 051 was one of the requirements that I had to take for the beginning of my nursing carrier. It was a challenging course for me. We were expected to do several different essays by the end of the term. The expository essay was the first one we did. I did mine on Respiratory issues. I enjoyed doing this paper because it is what I do for a living. I am a nurse and work with respiratory issues every day. This subject was a little easy for me to research. The format of the essay was the hardest for me but once I got going it was not too bad. I received a 97% out of 100%. Professor Woodring was very helpful. Narrative or cause/effect was the second essay we did. Mine was on Anxiety and Teens. I had to keep doing my essay over until my final draft was due. I just had to learn how to do a narrative or cause/effect essay. Mine was more on the narrative side. I had received a 94% out of 100%. Argumentative/persuasive essay was my third and final one that was due. I did mine on Euthanasia. The topic was very interesting to me. I received an 89% out of 100%.
            Different subjects we were working on we could go on an internet site called exercise central to practice and take pre-quizzes on those subjects. That was very useful. If the answer was wrong, it showed everyone what the right answer was, and how they got it. We also had to work on our very own Blog. It is interesting to me with putting my stuff out there for everyone to see. I am not sure if I will use this in the future. We can use this blog to build a resume. That part of it would be helpful in the future.
           
            Kimberly Rittenhouse 2
Throughout the course we were expected to do quizzes on subjects we were studying and the best part of them is that we could take them on our own computer and had about a week to take them. The only bad thing about that is that if you have a question then there was no one there to ask. There were good points and bad points as far as my opinion with on line quizzes. I feel I would have better benefited with the quiz in front of me on paper to visualize it better. I felt that with the online testing that I was being rushed to get finished. I went over the last quiz on editing with Professor Woodring and do feel I know more now than I did when I took the quiz.
Overall English 051 was an excellent class for me. I feel it is good start for my nursing career. The eportfolio we are working on right now is a good experience for me. It is teaching me to start a project and work on it until it is finished. We can continue to work on it forever and keep up a resume as part of it. This was a very good idea for future jobs. For my future classes in my college career, I will remember from this course how to use my skills from all the different essays, the different vocabulary we did with the right and wrong wording, capitalizing and punctuations and put all of what I learned into my future classes.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment